Our parish Festival is This Sunday, September 24 from 11-5. Join us for Games, Raffles, Live Music, Farmers market, bingo and Pulled Pork Dinner from Sobie Meats!
All Are Welcome!!!
Welcome to Our Home on the Internet
SS. Peter & Paul parish was established in 1904 by Bishop Henry
Richter to serve Grand Rapids’ rapidly growing Lithuanian population,
who were finding work in the many furniture factories on the city’s
near West Side. The church and school served as an anchor for that
community for well over half a century, welcoming many new
members after the Second World War. The neighborhood and the business
district along West Leonard Street continue to be bustling. Like many
urban faith communities, the parish enjoys new challenges as its
setting has changed from house-to-house Catholic to a more transient
population. Today we prosper as a beacon of faith, hope, and charity
in a missionary atmosphere. We embrace the Church’s call to engage in
the “New Evangelization,” welcoming members from all around the metro
area as well as from our traditional sources of family and ethnic